Yesterday started out fun. I made my dad a card and sent him an email at work letting him know I was wishing him a happy birthday. Mom had a doctor's appointment and I was really good at the doctor. Everyone there was excited to see me. Mommy's doctor was glad to meet me since she didn't end up getting to deliver me. Mommy got a clean bill of health and is back to normal after having me. After the appointment we went to Target and bought Daddy a few last minute birthday items.
Daddy came home from work and we got packed up to go for birthday dinner at Stella's Fish Cafe in Uptown. Mommy decided to have a birthday drink with Daddy since she knew she had some milk for me at home. Daddy enjoyed his seafood dinner and Mommy enjoyed her non-seafood dinner. I slept the whole time so they were happy.
When we got home Daddy fed me a bottle. Things were going great and I drank my whole bottle. It took a turn for the worse during my last burping. I'm not sure what happened but all of a sudden I was choking and frothy stuff was coming out of my mouth. It was so scary! I could tell Mom and Dad were scared too. I couldn't catch my breath! I tried crying but could only get a little cry out and was still choking. Mom and Dad were so worried about me and couldn't help me so we quickly drove to the ER. Lucky we live so close to the hospital! When we arrived the nurses helped me by suctioning out my nose and mouth. Unfortunately during all the excitement I had a blast in my diaper and Mom and Dad forgot the diaper bag in the rush out the door so I got to get a size 4 diaper from the ER. It was a little big but it made me feel like a big girl! Speaking of big girls, I found out that I am now 10.1 pounds!
The doctor checked me out and I appeared to be healthy. He thought that I just didn't handle the bottle since I'm so used to Mommy feeding me. Just to be sure they had Mommy feed me in the hospital and see how I handled it. I did fine so we got to go home. I sure felt like a star in the ER though. All the staff told me I was so cute and it seemed like they were excited to take care of a baby.
So when it was time to go home I ended up just wearing my ER t-shirt home since my diaper blast also affected the clothes I was wearing. Here is me after my ER visit.

So in summary, I am doing fine today. I guess when it comes to baby campaigns, although I'm not a big fan of "Back to Sleep" (the campaign to have all parents put their babies to sleep on their back to prevent SIDS--I would love it if Mommy let me sleep on my tummy) it appears that I am a big supporter of "Breast is Best." If anyone has some advice on slow flow nipples (the one I've been using is apparently not slow enough even though it's called slow flow) Mom and Dad would like to know because I will need to have a bottle sometimes if Mom ever wants to be away from me for more than 2-3 hours (I know..I know..why would she want to be away for that long? I'm not sure either!)

How scary!! Glad to hear Megan is ok! We used a bottle for the first time yesterday, and I still thought the milk was coming out quickly even though it was a slow flow nipple (Avent stage 1).
ReplyDeleteWhat a hair-raising experience! I was going to suggest the Avent nipples as well, with lots of breaks. I would try the slow flow nipple again when she is not super hungry. Sometimes, babies like to guzzle. Enjoy that precious baby and wisely use that time when she is asleep!!!!!! Love, Aunty Angelica
ReplyDelete