Sunday, April 19, 2009

17 Weeks At Last!

Hello everyone! I have had such a wonderful week! As I posted earlier, we have been really enjoying this wonderful weather by going on lots of walks in the stroller. When I was born it was 0 degrees and now at 17 weeks it's been in the 70's! Talk about climate change!

I had lots of fun with the new toys I got for Easter. Here is me showing off my great head and neck control. I used to really really dislike "tummy time" but now I think it is fun as long as I have plenty of toys in sight.

Here I am all packed up and ready for our trip to the ZOO! Mommy and I went to a nearby zoo on Thursday afternoon. It is free so Mommy decided that it was "low risk" in case I didn't like the zoo. She said if I was good on this trip we could go to the Minnesota Zoo where they have dolphins and a lot more animals (and thus, not free).


It turns out the zoo is awesome! I especially liked all the big cats (Tigers, Lions, and Mountain Lions) because they reminded me of my pets Ashley and Alex. Here is me and a tiger. He was resting just like Alex does! I also saw sea lions, penguins, giraffes (even a baby one!), zebras, bison, reindeer, and fish. Mommy took me to see the gorillas, monkeys and chimps but unfortunately I fell asleep in my stroller. Mom said next time we'll start at the monkeys. A lot of the animals were still in their inside homes since it just recently got nice out. Hopefully next time all the animals are in their outside homes because the inside homes are really really smelly.



There is also a conservatory at the zoo. I missed out on seeing the pretty flowers and plants due to my nap. I did wake up as we were leaving the zoo but it was time for me to eat so we just went home.




Last night I went to my first birthday party. It was Jeremy's 30th birthday. He is one of my parents' friends. It was at a restaurant and it was at 7:00 so Mommy and Daddy were really nervous as that seems to be my most fussy time of day. But they worried for nothing! I was the life of the party and was good the whole time. I even let Mommy and Daddy eat their dinner with two hands and sat contently in my car seat playing with my toys. In that group of friends, none of them have kids yet so now that they've seen how well behaved babies can be, I hope I will get some more friends in the near future.... Sneaky little trick I had up my sleeve I'd say!





This is Mommy and me after church today. We both were wearing denim today. You may be asking, "Why is my Mommy so happy today?" Not only was I a perfect baby at the birthday party last night, but when I got home, I slept in my crib. I didn't just take a snooze in my crib, I slept soundly until 5 a.m. when I was awakened by a weird house noise. After eating, I went back to sleep, IN MY CRIB, until 9 a.m. I've never seen my parents be more proud of me. After sleeping in my crib all night, I keep asking myself today why I was so resistent. It was so nice and cozy and I had my Ocean Wonders Aquarium for entertainment until I fell asleep. It really is a nice set up. I kinda wish I had started sleeping there sooner. Hmm. Maybe next time Mommy and Daddy seem to be "pushing me" to do something I should take it under more serious consideration. We'll see.
Oh! I forgot to tell you. I figured out how to actually jump in my jumperoo this week. Mommy took video but hasn't had time to put it on the computer yet. She'll post it as soon as she figures out how to get it off the video camera. The videos posted previously were all using the digital camera. Jumping is so fun!
I was pretty good in church today. I fell asleep on the car ride to church so Mom and Dad were feeling pretty confident in bringing me into the sanctuary. Luckily I woke up right away or I would have missed my favorite part of church--singing! I just love to sing. The thing that still puzzles me is why we go from loud singing to dead silence so quickly. Apparently the worship leader said something about everyone having a quiet moment with God. I didn't hear that so I wasn't quiet. Mom tried putting the pacifier in my mouth but I was still singing and the "quiet moment" was lasting a long time (or so it seemed) so Mom scurried me out into the lobby. Then we got to go to the nursing mothers room to hang out with other hungry babies.
That is my week in a nutshell (what does that even mean?!!)
Megan






No comments:

Post a Comment