Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Dozen Weeks Old (That's 12!)

I have had such an eventful week. First was the doctor's appointment on Monday as referenced in my previous blog. I'm glad that's over with. Mommy and Daddy were really impressed with my post-doctor visit behavior. Daddy joked that I must have gotten the "fussiness vaccine" because I was soo good!

Are you ready for a long post because I have a lot to say!


This week I learned something fantastic. It's called playing with toys! Here I thought that Mommy was my only source of entertainment. It turns out I can have fun by myself (although I do prefer if Mommy plays with me and the toys). I can put things in my mouth (as shown above).


Last week I was just batting at the dangling toys (I learned this from the kitties Ashley and Alex). This week I can grab them and shake them. It's such a blast!



Earlier this week it was very cold. I have officially grown out of my first snowsuit. This is me in my 6 month snowsuit. It is a little big but it works!




This week I watched a lot of the Big 10 basketball tournament. I was really hoping Michigan would beat Illinois but they didn't. I got to watch the game at my first happy hour. One of Mommy and Daddy's friends had a "going away happy hour" at the Green Mill and we stopped by to say goodbye to Christie. It was great because there was basketball on all the big screen TVs. Everywhere I looked it was basketball. Today is "Selection Sunday" so I'm wearing my Gophers shirt. I sure hope they make it to the tournament!
Yesterday something amazing happened. It hit above 50 degrees! Mommy, Daddy and I decided to hit the streets and enjoy the nice weather yesterday. 50 degrees might sound cold for all you non-Minnesotans but for us, it was a heat wave!



We decided to walk to Best Buy. Don't worry it is only a few blocks away from our house. We need to get a new TV because ours is dying. It is becoming so dark that during night scenes on TV we can't tell what is going on at all. This is particularly troublesome when we are watching LOST.






This is me at Best Buy. We didn't buy a TV. One reason was because we walked to Best Buy. The other is that we are just checking to see what is out there. It's called "browsing." I don't really like browsing. I prefer when the stroller is moving.
After our trip to Best Buy we got ready for church. Mommy and me hung out in the Nursing Mothers room. It was fun hanging out with the other babies. Mommy was recalling a particular day a few years ago when she and Daddy were working in the church nursery and a mouse ran into the nursery and went under the door into the nursing mothers room. Mommy was glad that no mice ran into the nursing mothers room last night.




After all that excitement, I'm worn out. Time for a nap................................
Megan


















2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great being able to get outside for a walk? I took Callum outside for the first outdoor walk yesterday.

    Did you end up getting a new tv?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to great advice from Grandpa Vance we just cranked up the brightness on the TV. Much to Daddy's dismay this worked and will act as a bandaid for awhile. Poor Daddy. He was really excited about HDTV.

    ReplyDelete